1. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY DEALERS.
a. Dealers, unless stated otherwise, are independent businesses and not part of the BMW Group/THACO Group, but operate using the BMW brand under license to sell and service BMW vehicles or BMW parts.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
a. We may obtain personal data about you (such as your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, contact details, credit card information, purchases of products and services, payment information, financial details (e.g. income, expenses and/or credit history), employment details (e.g. occupation, directorships and other positions held, employment history, salary and/or benefits), your interests, reviews and opinions, marketing preferences, location, answers to your security questions) and information related to your queries or requests, both online and off-line.
b. We may collect additional personal data about you that you provide arising out of or in connection with activities or transactions with us, such as participation in certain meetings and events, participation in social media offerings (such as signing up through our Facebook or Instagram pages), use of our mobile applications. The additional information that we collect depends on the nature of activity or transaction or how you are interacting with us, both online and off-line.
c. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use the website, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up for a service, enter a competition, purchase goods or services.
e. Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (e.g. credit reference agencies, our business partners such as our authorized vehicle distributor, organizers of events which you participated, third parties authorized by you) which we will add to the information that we already hold about you for the purposes set out in “How We Use Your Personal Data” section.
f. If you are under 18, please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the privacy notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes may include:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us.
- To fulfil your request of rendering goods or services which you sign up for by providing us with your information.
- Research, statistical analysis and behavioral preferences.
- Marketing – please see “Marketing and Opting Out” section below.
- Prevention and detection of fraud and criminal activities.
- Billing and order fulfillmentCredit scoring and credit checking – please see “Credit Checking” section below.
- Customizing our website and its contents to your particular preferences.
- To improve the content and security of our website.
- To notify you of any changes to this website or to our goods or services which may affect you.
- Security vetting.
- To develop new products and services.
- To improve our products and services.
- Where the use is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you.
- Where the use is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Where the use is necessary in the national interest.
- Where the use is necessary for any investigation or legal proceedings.